Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Coke was a Change

"Hind site is the only good vantage point for viewing change." - Dan (I always wanted someone to quote me)



If you were a child of the 80s then you may very well recall a product by the name of, "New Coke." The Coca-Cola company, in a failed marketing attempt, re-formulated their classic drink, Coke-Cola, to make it "better". It was new and because it was new it was hailed by the company as better. But was it? Of course it wasn't. Sales dropped and Coke was forced to return to its original formula. Change is coming, change is here, but is change always good? Some change is good. Some change is healthy. Many food manufactures have successfully cut down on the amount of sodium in their products while still maintaining the same great taste. Others have attempted to replace the sugar with an artificial sweeteners and in turn have all but ruined their products appeal. Change is an awareness that can only fully be experienced in hind site. Some times you just have to take a sip of that New Coke and decide for yourself, was this a good change? Maybe positive change lies ahead for our country. Only time will tell. I just hope what lies ahead isn't the political equivalent of New Coke.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem to that!

Anonymous said...

interesting post! change...change...change! lolz! <><

Anonymous said...

I guess we need a change we can believe in. I just wish I had more change in my pocket.

Anonymous said...

I thought the last 8 years were the New Coke???