Monday, April 7, 2008

Life is Not always Golden

My blood pressure will go up, muscle tension, trouble concentrating, headaches, trouble sleeping, I’ll even quit eating regularly for a day or two. All of these are symptoms of my anxiety. It’s weird because most people wouldn’t think of me as someone who would suffer with depression, stress, or anxiety. I put on a good front, good enough to trick most people at least. It happens though, sometimes, I’m human. Sometimes things in life don’t go how I plan. Sometimes its even my fault. Here is the solution.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus... And the God of peace will be with you.

Before you go to bed tonight or when your at work or school tomorrow, say a quick prayer for me. My world isn’t falling apart but I am having anxiety and I don’t want it.

On another note look what my friend gave me today. It's solid gold. The deal is I can’t sell it. I think its $789 worth. He said I should carry it in my pocket for good luck. I told him if he decided that he wanted it back to tell me.


1 comment:

melanie said...

I can believe you when you say that you won't sell it, but I think you may give it away to the next guy that runs out of gas while you're out building a snowman!