Friday, April 18, 2008

The Cincinnati Earthquake

So who felt the earthquake this morning? It happened at 5:57 (5:58 according to my clock). I was asleep but awoke with a start, scared and confused. You see, I've been leveling my house with large, heavy, adjustable posts in the basement, something that they recommend you have done by professionals. My first thought was that my do-it-yourself project had going horrible wrong and my house was falling in on itself. I ran straight down the the basement to check. Seeing that my post was still in place, I was just left confused. That sure felt like an earthquake but this is Cincinnati. We haven't had an earthquake in 20 years. Eventually though, after the fear of my house falling in on itself gradually died, I went back to sleep. Did you feel the earthquake?

No comments: