Thursday, February 14, 2008

Drano for My Mind

Have you ever had so much stuff on your mind that you couldn't shut if off to go to sleep. That was me last night. I would yell at my brain to shut up but that just added to the noise. I wold try to think about nothing but nothing always became something. If ever at some point I would in fact clear my mind for a brief moment a thought would pop up that said, "Good job you cleared your mind." That in and of it self would ruin it. Sleep was brief and fleeting. We have a love hate relationship me and sleep. I love when I get it but I hate that I need it. Scenarios, scenarios are my worst enemy. Only about .5% of the scenarios in my head ever come to volition, but still they come, the what ifs of life. Why won't the what ifs of life just shut up and leave me alone so that I can sleep. All of these what ifs make me question rather or not I am actually putting my faith in God. If I truly believe that he is in control of my future, past, and present than why all of these what ifs? I'm so tired this morning. I think need Drano for the mind.

2 comments:

Reverb said...

Maybe you could start talking to people about the stuff on your mind. I find that once I get the stuff out it's much easier to focus on nothing.

carrie doan said...

Oh man, can I ever relate. Every day I wake up wishing I could function off no sleep. Sometimes I forget what it's like to sleep normally. I feel for you brotha. Seriously - I have remedies of all kinds of you'd like info.

Perhaps it has something to do with our personality?? Hmm...