Sunday, March 8, 2009

This has to be a Record

Three weeks in a row. I was told that it was highly unlikely. I mean, what are the chances? 3 weeks in a row one of the kids that I have brought to church has vomited. Every time a different child. Every time a different place. This week it was in the back seat of my car. I'm installing motion sickness bags next week as a preventive measure. 4 weeks in a row? That's impossible, right? In the child's defense he is only 4 years old and he did tell me that he was going to throw up. In my defense, he says that every week just to mess with me and then smiles and laughs.

"Did you eat spaghetti Michale?"
"No, I ate soup?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yea."
"Did it have noodles in it that look like spaghetti?"
"No."

Ok, the boy ate spaghetti. The proof was all over the floor of my car. He should probably focus on chewing up his food better. It kind of looked like Cincinnati style chili. It sure didn't smell like chili though. The blue vomit is still my favorite.

This time the spewing, happened before church so we had to turn around and go back home. We dropped the boy off and the two girls and me continued onward to church. Oh, and then I got pulled over by the cops for a bunch of minor violations, 4 violations to be exact. No ticket though (the record stands pulled over 8 times, 2 tickets). The fact that the two little girls kept saying how much they loved police men couldn't have hurt my case. "Hello Mr. Police man." Strangely I was still on time for the service. As it turns out I accidentally left 30 minutes early because I forgot what time church starts. I only go every week. I'm trying to decide if I'm incredibly unlucky or incredibly lucky. I'm going to say lucky. Yea, lucky.

3 comments:

Francy said...

At least it gives you funny stuff to blog about! I can't believe you didn't get a ticket. You are lucky!

Not Too Old said...

Little plastic trash bags work better - the kind that are designed to go in small trash cans. You can keep quite a few in a glove box.

I'll keep up the prayers that this trend doesn't continue.

elektra said...

holy crap. that's amazing!
the spewing and ticketing record proportions!

"if youre gonna spew, spew into this"
*garth holds out paper cup that was folded in his shirt pocket*

this story is awesome.
as are the other ones