Monday, January 5, 2009

Honest Officer, I didn't Do it.

Have you ever gotten out of a ticket? I was thinking about this last night as a friend shared with me how she got a ticket for not having a front plate on her car while it was parked in front of her house. 5 of the following 10 are reasons that I gave to a cop that I got me out of a ticket. Can you guess which ones are real? What did you say to the police officer the last time you got out of a ticket?

1) I never would have been going 40 if I would have saw the sign that said 25. I'm on my way to shoot a commercial for church and I'm not familiar with the area.

2) I have to go the bathroom something fierce.

3) Someone put this Chinese menu on my windshield. I didn't want it to fly off because I didn't know what it was and that's why I pulled into this lot.

4) Stop sign, that wasn't there when I went through this intersection. Someone must have just put that there.

5) I was just at Walmart and their little computer that tells you what headlight you need was broken so I couldn't buy one.

6) The light was red? It looked kind of orange to me.

7) I just got this car. The last car I drove had day lights and this one doesn't. So yea, I forgot to turn on my headlights.

8) This is a school zone? I didn't even know that there was a school on this street.

9) Oh, you couldn't see my rear plate. I had it pushed up in the window but I guess it fell down. I just got the plate and haven't got a chance to attach it yet.

10) I was going how fast? No way, are you sure? Sweet, I've never gone that fast before.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last time I got pulled over I said "I'm friends with The Dan." The cop pulled me out of the car, beat me senseless with his nightstick, tasered me, and left me by the side of the road. That's the last time I try that.

But the last time I was ticketed was 1988. Yes, 1988. 21 years of not getting caught.

Kelly said...

Steve, you are too funny!
dan, I have no idea which one of those is real. The last time I tried, actually the only time I tried, to get out of a ticket the kids were younger, 4 and 5 I think. We were going to visit my sister in St. Louis. I told the nice police officer that my son really had to go to the bathroom. It was the truth. The nice officer told me I had just passed a stop. He let me off with a warning. If you are ever in Virginia-Do not Speed, it will cost you $1000.00!!!!! I have family there and thankfully they warned me.

Anonymous said...

You said 4 out of 8 yet you gave 10 reasons. You should get a ticket for lying.
I've never gotten a ticket. And I don't have a car so I'm not to worried about it now. Of course, I can easily just say, "I don't speak Nepali." :)