Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One Year Ago Today

Today, January 6th, is the one year anniversary of Greg Taylors tragic death. Greg was only 14 when he was hit and killed by a car while playing on his skateboard. It was a case of kids being kids that ended it the worst of ways. I'll never forget the moment that I got the news. That was the worst, most painful day of my life. His skateboard is still nailed to the telephone pole. I don't like driving down that street anymore.

Yesterday they had a candle light vigil in his memory, his family, the neighbors, and a few of his friends. A few words were said and his brothers tried not to cry. They're teenagers and teenage boys don't cry. His sisters cried. Greg was the second oldest of 11 and they were all there. 10 lovely children who miss their brother.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

I remember hearing this. How very sad. I hope his family and friends are able to find peace.

darthmom said...

I remember seeing this on the news as well. I am so sorry. Are his siblings some of the kids you bring to church?

DanThoms said...

Yea, all the kids that I bring are his brothers and sisters. He also has a 17 year old sister, two young teenage brothers and a baby sister that don't come.