Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Paradoxical Snow Day



I wish everyday was a snow day! Well, except for the fact that I would eventually run out of food and summer would never come. Other than those minor details, I wish everyday was a snow day. I didn't even bother getting dressed. Strange as it may sound though, I actually felt a bit guilty for not going to work. The roads were dangerous, there wasn't a lot of work to be done and still, guilt. I'm one of those crazy people who has never taken a sick day and never missed an unexcused day of school (except once and yes, I felt guilty). As the day wore on the guilt did fade but still, where does this come from? Even though it was a snow day I listed auctions on eBay, cleaned my house, and worked on my bathroom. It's like I can't not work. I don't even enjoy working. My life is a paradox.

3 comments:

Helen Ann said...

You should come have a Sozo about that guilt! ;-)

sledgeforchrist said...

If you feel guilty, you can come shovel my driveway.

Scott-a-pottamus said...

That's funny. I was actually upset that I was 10 minutes late this morning when most people didnt even make it in. I hate work, but I hate being late to work even more.