Monday, January 21, 2008

14 is too Young to Die January 06, 2008

14 is too young to die, way, way too young. I didn't watch the news last night. If I would have though, I would have already known that one of my kids is now with the Lord. Greg was in my Sunday school class. He was one of my kids, one of the kids that I lived for. I pored my heart and soul into them. I loved them and knew that they could change the world. They all had plenty of time to do that too since they were all so young. Plenty of time? You always imagine that there is plenty of time. 14 is too young to die. He was skateboarding and ran a stop sign and now he's gone. Just like that. I thought I would see him again, after all he lives in my neighborhood. I thought I would have another chance to give him a hug and to encourage him. Next time I see him he will be in a child sized coffin being mourned my his friends and family. I know that there is till the afterlife but 14 is too young to die. Pray for his family.

To ad to this blog. This morning, when I was getting ready for church, I pulled a random shirt out of the clean laundry. I was going to pick a different one but then felt like I should, for some unknown reason, wear this one. I didn't think about it the rest of the day until about 30 minutes ago. I was walking when I looked down at my shirt and saw these words, "Death is not the end! it's the beginning."

No comments: