Monday, February 2, 2009

Defiance Movie Review

Tonight I watched the movie Defiance and lets just say I cried a little bit. The first time was when they told me that it was $9.75 for a ticket. Can you believe they had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to donate my change of one quarter to save the children? How about you donate some of that money that I just gave you? Huh, what do you think about that? Oh, sorry, back to the movie.

I don't go to the theater often so Defiance was the fist in a long time. Defiance is the true story of four Jewish brothers from Poland who escape the Nazis after their parents are murdered. The Bielski brothers lead, aid, and save 1,200 Jews from certain death by hiding them in the forest. I was on the edge of my seat throughout a good portion of the movie. And let me tell you, this movie will jerk the tears right out of your face. That is unless you have a little Grinch heart like my friend Andrew. I almost cried just thinking about the movie on my way home. Oh, and if you like violence, well there's plenty of that too. I mean, who doesn't like to see Nazis plowed down by machine gun fire? This movie isn't unnecessarily gruesome but some of the death can be, at times, hard to watch. Unless its those dang Jew hunting Nazis getting plowed down. Everyone likes that (except for Nazis of course). And hey, if you can get a little bit of education in world history at the same time, why not. I give this movie two thumbs up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! I found it here on bootleg, but haven't gotten it yet. Definitely gonna check it out now. The bootleg will only cost me around $0.50. Maybe I'll donate the other $9.50 to the children...

sledgeforchrist said...

Dude, I have wanted to see that movie for a little bit now. But I am too cheap go to the expensive theatre more than once a year.

Debbie said...

Looks like a good movie. It definitely has to better than Paul Blart/Mall Cop. I wanted the movie theatre to donate my money back to me for sitting through it!

PS I always look forward to your comments on thisisreverb - you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good movie to see. Thanks for the review and two thumbs up...

Reverb said...

I too look forward to your comments on thisisreverb and I also was choking back tears through much of this movie.

I thought it was pretty amazing actually. Those lousy Andrews we went with don't know what's up.