Monday, June 9, 2008

I’m a Safe Person

It wasn't all that long ago that a girl told me that I was a safe person. She had no idea how correct she was. In fact, I just bought a 500lb, 100 year old, solid steel, floor safe. Its like she was predicting the future. With the help of my friend Andrew, his pickup truck, 2 thrift shop employees and an engine hoist we got it to my house. As for getting it up that one step into my house. I just did that by myself, grrrrrrrrrr, I'm one strong (perhaps over anxious to get that safe in my house) guy. I'm going to feel that in the morning. Now if I could only get it open.

ps. For all of you antique geeks the safe was made between the years of 1905 and 1913 by Triumph Safe & Lock Co. in Connersville Indiana. For everyone who likes a deal, I talked St. Vincent DePaul down to $60 on the safe.

No comments: