Saturday, February 18, 2012

God and Fools

Without out looking at your past I have no point of reference by which to judge your character. If you find yourself saying over and over, don't judge me by my past than your present probably isn't too impressive.

I shouldn't need to be verbally reminded that you are a different person than you used to be. Your actions should be proof enough. If you feel the need to remind me that you no longer do the things that you used to do than perhaps your time would be better spent working on the person that you are today. I'm not going to pat you on the back for your no longer being a scum bag because that is not remarkable, that is average at best. Be the best father possible, be a loyal wife, give money to the poor, build a pretend rocket ship out of cardboard, kayak down a river, run a race and win. Do something worth talking about. Quit complaining about how people judge you by your past. Only God and fools don't consider someones past relevant and of the two only God can see the future. Today is tomorrows past so build a past that your proud of and quit talking about the one that your not.

No comments: