Wednesday, March 30, 2011

All The Single Ladies



It's Wednesday so I did what I do every Wednesday night, I went to Refuge Coffee Bar for Karaoke night. I love Karaoke night. The singing isn't necessarily great. Some is good, some is bad and some is ugly. But it's Karaoke so who cares. Tonight it was a packed house and I did something that I said I would never do, I sang Karaoke. Now don't get me wrong, I sing, I sing a lot. I sing in the car, I sing in my house, I sing in the Bathtub or while I'm walking down the street. I even dance, when Miley Cyrus tells me to to move my hips like yea, I do. But Karaoke in front of a crowd is a bit different.

If there is one thing in life that I am positive of it is this, I can't sing. Now this wasn't the first time I've ever sang Karaoke. There was one occasion many years a go where, at a New Years Eve party, I tied my shirt into a belly shirt and sang some Britney Spears. Tonight I took it to the next level with some "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. And let me tell you, I butchered that song like it was my job. If that song was a cow it would have been a McDonalds double cheeseburger by the time I was finished with it. It could have been worse though, I could have been wearing black spandex. At least I had some very talented back up dancers.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Sorry I didn't stay to sing it with you :( People like you better anyway, haha