Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where you wearing Pants?

Have you ever had a bad or confusing dream? I had one of those last night. Now this dream may not sound bad to you but it was to me. In my dream my brother told me that he no longer wanted to go to auctions. He said that it was a waist of time and wanted to focus only on high value items. From that point forward he would only be leaving left bids* at auctions. Now that is what you call a dumb idea. For one thing leaving bids is generally a bad idea. The live bidders always have the advantage and the auctioneer, if dishonest, can run your bid up to make you pay more. Plus, I enjoy live auctions. So I would just like to say to the dream version of my brother Phil, that was a dumb idea.

Speaking of dreams I came up with this theory. Have you ever had a memory that you weren't sure was real? Was it a dream or did that really happen? Well, next time that occurs ask yourself this simple question, "In this memory was I wearing pants." If the answer is no than it was probably a dream.


*Left Bid- A left bid is a bid written down and given to the auctioneer when a person cannot physically attend an auction. The auctioneer then is supposed to bid for you against the live bidders.

4 comments:

Daniele said...

hahahahaha

pants? what if ou were wearing skirts? Does that count as real?

Unknown said...

What if I really wasn't wearing pants?

DanThoms said...

Steve, I always recommend wearing pants unless you are Daniele then you can wear a skirt.

melanie said...

A lot of times I will ask someone something like, "Did you tell me...or did I dream that?" Half of the time, I dreamed it, half really happened.

I also have the tendency to wake up mad at my husband for what he has done in a dream. He's used to it now, but will gladly tell you all about it if you're interested.