Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Moment by Moment

I'm the oldest of five kids. Ok, that statement isn't 100% factual. There are five of us siblings but only one is still a kid (no its not me). Only one is still a minor, its strange to think about. Some times my life feels like a bit of a blur. One of my little sisters got married last week and the other one is getting married within a month. Didn't they just graduate from high school, grade school, learn to walk? How is it that we all grew up so fast? Even though I'm aging moment by moment I never feel any older. I guess it's all of those moments. They come and go so quickly and before you know it your all grown up. I used to live in a big house full of people. But that was moments ago. Now most of them have moved out to start their own adult lives. I used to share bunk beds with some kid but now I only see him once a week at the most. There used to be a lady who made me dinner. Now I have a microwave. I still visit her though. There used to be this man who would drive me places. Now, occasionally he'll help me pick up a piece of furniture from an auction. There used to be these 3 little brats who played with barbies. No more barbies. So many moments, all them gone, all of them still waiting to happen. Life happens one moment at a time.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I know what you mean about never feeling any older. My kids are ggrowing up before my eyes and I still feel like I'm 18. Some days I look at them and wonder where they came from and it freaks me out to think I am their mother.
Yes, moment by moment goes so quickly. That is why we need to enjoy all of them.

Francy said...

That made me sad. That is how life is -- it goes by so fast! I can't believe I'm 43. I don't care about getting it older, it's just that it is happening so fast! I'm the youngest of five and even though we all live in the Tri-state area, we only manage to get together a few times a year because everyone is so busy. Now I'm thinking of my mom who died 10 years ago...now I have to go cry -- Thanks Dan!

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

So true, Dan.

... which is why it's important to explore those moments with the right perspective, ... which is hopefully one full of love and laughter.

Helen Ann said...

This is so true! And it's so important to live each day as it comes and enjoy the beauty that you find. I am learning that myself lately...And I think it's the best way to live.

Not Too Old said...

When I was 9 years old, I went from the oldest of 3 to the middle of 7, and even now almost 40 years later, my older stepsiblings are the same teenagers in my mind. That oldest is celebrating 60th birthday soon!