Saturday, October 18, 2008

Car (wow thats a short blog title) ((oh nuts now its a long title))

So, my car died Tuesday. It was a day like any other and then, my car stopped running. Just like that. I managed to coast off of the road and preceded to walk to work. It's been a long time since I've walked two miles. I stuck out my thumb but no one took me up on my offer to ride in their passenger seat. At least it was nice out. Last time I broke down and hitchhiked it was below freezing. As it turns out my timing belt came off and aparently you need those things. Being without a car is not good, it's bad. Lucky for me though I have great friends and family. Between the bunch I managed to borrow two vehicles, get picked up from and for work 7 times. I even got free breakfast once, and dinner 3 times. Thanks Dad, Grace, Ryan and Jeremy. I never worried that I wouldn't have a ride. Somehow I knew it would work out. In case you haven't noticed, I'm an optimist. This morning I bought another car. It's a 01' Dodge Neon. I've never owned a car with four doors before. I now have a new Danmobile. I just need to put the decal on the back windshield to make it official. I think this time it will say, "I blog www.TheDan.us" Chaos has once again been averted, I have transportation. The world can now sleep with no worries.

Photobucket

3 comments:

snobound said...

I owned a Neon once...worst piece of junk on 4 wheels I've ever purchased. But I'm a realist.

Paul said...

You might be able to sleep, but I won't sleep until that decal is safely in place.

Anonymous said...

Nice Dan! I got a new ride also, a 2002 Ford Taurus SES. We can show off our new wheels together tomorrow night!